Warm Pear & Spinach Salad with Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette
- 10 cups fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 1 medium firm ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 Combine spinach, pear and onion in a large bowl.
- 2 Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add enough oil to the pan drippings to make 2 tablespoons total. Add vinegar, syrup, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer. Immediately pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with the bacon and walnuts.